Monday, November 10, 2008

It feels good!

Sometimes you feed off others +ve/-ve energy... And this has been the case always with me, especially when it comes to feeding off energy from Sportsmen.. I am mostly engrossed in any sport i watch/play.. I feel great if the person/team whom I want to win, do win it, and feel miserable, if the result was otherwise.
I have been following cricket, since my childhood.. I used to maintain a scorecard, for the matches that were shown in Doordarshan, and the scorecard book(don't remember who gifted me), was my most cherished gift for years to come.. I was a very average player, but just the feeling of getting into the ground is wonderful! I still remember how good i felt going in as the No.10 Batsman (and lasted only 2 deliveries) in my college.
My brother, 3 years younger, is my arch rival, in any sport.. We would play non-stop, and hate losing to each other! That made the contest special and spicy. . And we like teaming up with each other, and defeat others..
I also had a couple of childhood friends, who were sport enthusiasts as I was, and some were extraordinary players, and I wonder why they didn't pursue the game to the next level. I remember myself toiling in the hot sun, to get my friend out, while he batted the whole day.. That's the first time, I enjoyed even while losing(and the beginning of the many such defeats), only raring to defeat him in the next time. We still have sporting duels, and just playing against such people, gives you a sense of satisfaction.
Whatever the time it would be, I can easily pass my time watching any sport or imagining myself playing any sport, and beating the best.
Well, I wonder as you folks wonder, why i wrote this article --> Well that's because I feel good!

ps: India clinches the series 2-0 against Australia

No comments: