Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rangabumi

Munshi Premchandji - The first time, I heard about this great novelist, was when i was in School, when i read 'Nirmala','Gaban' in Hindi as part of my Hindi curriculum..

14 years later, I came across "Rangabhumi" (Translated in English), and decided to give a read.. It had a gripping plot, and i just loved the way the characters of vinay, sophia and Surdas have been portrayed... I wonder if this world will allow a 'Surdas' to live amongst them... Perhaps no.. he is best only to be a fictitious character.

Rangabumi is set in 1920's... and now i am reading Somerset Maugham's 'Of Human Bondage' which is also set in the 1920's..

Same Era, Two different stories, in two different world's = Reader's Delight!

I start reading only when I get a week off or so... Hopefully I can find time to read stuffs even otherwise.

1 comment:

Aki said...

r u trying to convey the message that you "learnt" hindi and can recognise the difference between bengali and hindi ?