Friday, June 15, 2007

another step up....

Good Morning AAAfffficerrrr!!! This is the famous dialogue Koundamani(Private Agent) delivers to Senthil (RTO Officer) in the movie "Indian". I used to feel that the RTO Corruption they had shown in the movie was a bit exaturated, but not any more...

Today was the day I had to take the DL test.. The Driving Training School, did not ask me for extra money to bribe the officer..and I didn't want to do it too.. (Had been practising to reverse the car, changing gears quickly etc pretty intensely yesterday). We(other prospective road killers) reached the park (test centre), and our agent asked us to stand in a line.. And all of a sudden he shouted 'Good Morning AAAfffficerrrr!!!' and the worst was he expected us to greet the "Aafficer" too. The AAAffficer asked us to drive the vehicle for mere 300 metres which involved the following activities..

(i) start the car
(ii) Shift the gear to second gear from the first
(iii) Take a left turn, and stop the car.

that's it, my DL Test was completed successfully.. Little did i realize that I had bribed him 6 months ago, when I joined the Driving School itself...

anyways, I have my DL now.. started planning for the weekend trips... at this junction i just need to thank a couple of people who have motivated me get this..
aki, who ensured that i got a LLR last year, and guru along with him for torturing me, every single morning on the fact that my LLR got expired and i showed no interest to get it re-newed nor appearing for the test, and finally chells who ensured that I too bought the car along with him.. :)

i need to thank you guys for increasing my average monthly expense.. anyways, i have started to enjoy my driving, it is no more a burden or an additonal skill rather... this seems to be a good hobby...

another step up.. :)

10 comments:

Karthikeyan Chellappa said...

Enjoy maddi!

Unknown said...

cool da .. so you got license .. great man .. enjoy your rides ..
dont kill people walking on the roads ..

sollamale solli vittay chells also bought a car nu ..

ck said...

hi skely!

whats up! long time haan! Congratulations! on your new car. what model did you get? do have pics of it? Anyways happy driving. Let the Lord protect those on your path :)

-ck

Bijesh said...

hmmm chimp.. to practise your driving skills how about driving me to chennai and back every weekend. :D
the chittoor route is really awesome to drive man :D

Vijay Gandhi said...

sooper da!
now you got the license to be my driver! :D

Congrats da!!

Skely said...

@chells: thanks
@CP: me too hoping for the same.
@CK: thanks. I had bought Tata Indica Xeta GLS Model.
@biju: sure, as people say, destination doesn't matter, only the journey matters.. you will definitely be thrilled during the journey.
@gandhe: yup, just come down, and you will know thati have license to save/kill people too..

ck said...

Saw the google video of your trip. It was great. you guys did a job. You have a good voice man! did you try for any radio/tv compiring auditions... Serious!, I am not kidding!

-ck

Preethika said...

So Skely! now that u're well settled with your car, how abt ur offer of dropping me to office everyday. ok! as i said, i will bring my friends too ;-)

Well you can increase ur milage too by taking the NIC road route :-D

Skely said...

@CK: Thanks Dude!!! I would love to compere, provided people can tolerate me. ;)

@preethika: Hope your friends fall into the category we had discussed.. and taking the NIC road, well there can only be one person who do it.. I don't want to steal that honour from him...

Anonymous said...

send me the google video of ur trip.